On 29 Oct 97 at 15:58, Alan Watson wrote:
> If you are going to add "for" loops, then I urge you to restrict
> yourself to loops like "for i = 1 to 10 do ... done" and "for i in
> table do ... done".

I agree with Alan. IMHO, for loops in a language like Lua should be
kept simple. I feel the simple "for i = 1 to 10 do... end" would be
much more appropriate than a complicated "for-then-while-do-end"
statement.

Whatever is decided, I feel foreach would be a great advancement, and
am very happy to hear it shall be predefined in Lua 3.1.

Pedro

    Pedro  Miller Rabinovitch
    miller@tecgraf.puc-rio.br

What I want is all of the power and none of the
responsibility.