In message <990@nlcc.demon.co.uk> Mark wrote:
> There is
> some confusion with userdata tags, which merely implement (optional) user
> controlled type checking. Perhaps we need to distinguish better between
> the two?

Notice that now these two concepts will merge in one. The tag that controls
methods *is* the tag the user can use to control type checking. (In fact, I
think that was the main reason to keep the name "tag"). The new
function "createtag" is supposed to help this other use too, since currently
two different libraries can choose the same tag for different meanings.
That is, "createtag" gives a discipline to tags that is usefull even when
you do not use methods.

-- Roberto