> Date:          Thu, 3 Apr 1997 16:36:40 -0300
> From:          lhf@server02.lncc.br (Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo)
> To:            paulo@tecgraf.puc-rio.br
> Subject:       applications that use Lua

> If there is enough interest, I'd like to add a section in the FAQ about
> what kind of applications are being developed with Lua.
> Please, send me a brief report of your experience with Lua.
> Thanks.
> --lhf

 I'm using Lua to develop Network Management Agents. I did some
experiments for my Master Thesis. Basically I worked in two
directions: The first one is an implementation of the AgentX Protocol
(still an Internet Draft) build using Lua and C and the CMU SNMP
Library. The second uses the Lua agent by Renato Cerqueira and a set
of Lua functions to access UNIX system variables, such as the
returned by uname and related Shell commands. I also created a MIB
that uses Lua functions to return system information.

 The only reference to that at the present is an article from Renato
Cerqueira and my Master Thesis (in portuguese).

 -- Paulo Henrique