PS: I found an interesting chapter in "Programming in Lua" of Roberto:
"Precompiled Code".

There it says: "Code in precompiled form is not always smaller than
the original, but it loads faster. Another benefit is
that it gives a protection against accidental changes in sources."

... from this 2nd sentence I would see the "good hope" that such
binary precompiled form is loaded directly from ROM - not needing any
RAM allocation depending on the form size. (my controller has very
much ROM, up to 1MegaByte, but only restricated RAM - only 128kB RAM -
therefore I have to be careful that RAM is saved for dynamic memory
and best is used NOT for the program code).

Can anyone give an advise here / has possibly some experience with
"using pre-compiled binary code" ?