Hi,

On Sat, Jul 1, 2023 at 10:50 PM Lorenzo Donati <lorenzodonatibz@tiscali.it> wrote:

On 26/06/2023 14:27, Tom Skwara wrote:
> eLua <https://eluaproject.net/>
> eluaproject.net <https://eluaproject.net/>
>       favicon.ico <https://eluaproject.net/>
>
> <https://eluaproject.net/>

Last time I checked elua project was stale (I just checked the home page
and the last news is dated 2015). I don't know if it is a good think to
rely on a project that is not currently maintained.

Yes, Lorenzo is right, eLua is in maintenance-only mode at this point (and has been so for a while now). Depending on your needs, you might be better off with vanilla Lua.
That aside, the original post is interesting. What is the definition of a "real time application" in this context? Generally speaking, hard real time is hardly suitable to interpreted languages due to latency (at least), but soft real time might be fine. Also, "we could also speed up some of the slowest parts in hardware" deserves some discussion. Lua makes heavy use of tables (which are quite a high level construct), and I'm curious how one would realistically use hardware acceleration for table access (which is likely to be part of the "slowest part" mentioned in the original post).
Also in relation to the original post, let's not forget the mandatory "Lua is not an acronym, so it's Lua, not LUA" :)

Thanks,
Bogdan

-- Lorenzo