On 17 July 2018 at 15:53, John Belmonte <john@neggie.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 1:54 AM, Roberto Ierusalimschy
> <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>>
>> We do. All this has been discussed some time ago; see [1].
>

> I proposed exactly that in 2007 [1], so I'd welcome it.
>
> [1] http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2007-05/msg00354.html

Very interesting. It made me think that some of the current features
in Lua might be due to ideas from various people - it would be nice if
this was listed somewhere - maybe in the Wiki? It is always good to be
able to see the history of the development of a feature.

Thanks for posting the link to the your 2007 post.

Regards
Dibyendu