On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 5:46 AM, Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:
>>>>> "Luiz" == Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> writes:

 Luiz> freebsd:
 Luiz> $(MAKE) $(ALL) SYSCFLAGS="-DLUA_USE_LINUX -DLUA_USE_READLINE
 Luiz> -I/usr/include/edit" SYSLIBS="-Wl,-E -ledit" CC="cc"

 >> Russell's suggested port build is passing in MYCFLAGS and MYLDFLAGS
 >> (incorrectly, should be using MYLIBS) to set the -I/usr/include/edit
 >> and -ledit.

 Luiz> But the make line above works fine, right?

Right, for the purposes of being able to do "make freebsd" on the
distributed sources to get a static .a and executables. (The port build
does more than this, since it also builds a shared library.)

Sorry I was unclear. My patch for the FreeBSD port files are now updated to correctly build Lua54 for FreeBSD including the shared object. It's currently based on work1. If the target as you specified is included in the Lua src/Makefile, I will update the port accordingly.

Cheers,

Russ

--
Andrew.