On 7 September 2016 at 18:38, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> I think Lua is *by far* the best language in the world. So why do I use
> Python almost exclusively these days?

I agree.  Lua is the best _language_ and Python is the most
_practical_ development tool.

When I have control of the whole problem/environment/solution, then I
do it in Lua.  and most times, i _love_ the result. it can be
beautiful, concise, fast, innovative... it's so rewarding.

but when it's one part of a bigger thing, with many other similar,
complex, untractable parts, or when i don't understand the problem at
first, or when the specs are subject to the whim of some client, then
it's Python (or C, if i'm lucky).  Mostly because of the libraries.

But I don't pretend to know what could make it easier to choose Lua
most of the time.

--
Javier