On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Peter Aronoff <telemachus@arpinum.org> wrote:
> Coda Highland <chighland@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There's a reasonable argument for separating things along the lines of
>> "things pertaining to the development of the PUC-Rio Lua software" and
>> "things pertaining to writing software using the Lua language". Lots of
>> other communities have a similar -dev vs -users split.
>
> On the one hand, yes. On the other hand, aren’t those communities with
> a more open development model? My point being that I’m not sure where the
> proposals I’m talking about would belong if there were a lua-dev and
> a lua-users. I’m joking, but not entirely since 98% of the talking about
> such proposals is by users and (from what I can tell) the developers of Lua
> mostly ignore such threads.

Power patches and bug reports would belong on -dev, and it's possible
that things like Ravi engineering discussion could go on -dev (though
its release announcements would cross-post to -users) since at some
level it's a gigantic, extremely ambitious power patch.

But no, I see what you mean.

/s/ Adam