+1. This is exactly my opinion on the matter. If I'm working with a
64-bit integer, and I KNOW I'm working with a 64-bit integer, then
give me a 64-bit integer; I'm aware enough of the circumstances to be
able to deal with the implications, and at the very least I can
reconstruct the original positive number from the negative one because
there hasn't been any actual data loss.

/s/ Adam

I would have liked having inf for integers to make it consistent with the behavior with floats since they both are supposed to be "number" types. For me this detail that a number type may or may not overflow seems inconsistent, probably they should be 2 separate types like in C so that anyone using them are more directly aware of their data type. Although math.type does give that information but that's a level down