Hi,

I’ve just built yet-another buildpack for running lua apps on Heroku [1], in this case using openresty [2].  There’s already a perfectly good build pack by Leafo [3], but I wanted to work out how it all worked.  In contrast to Leafo’s, this buildpack directly installs openresty, where in leafo’s openresty is a bit of an add on.

The buildpack is at [4], and a template for using it is at [5], along with a demo site (which is not very interesting, but works) at [6].

Cheers,
Geoff

[1] Heroku is a web-application hosting framework: https://dashboard.heroku.com/apps
[2] Openresty is a web application server (all these buzzwords) build on nginx: http://openresty.org/