> Lua 5.3.0 (alpha) is now available for testing at
>
> [...]
>
> All feedback welcome. Thanks.

I managed to port my patchset to this new codebase (I didn't try any
5.3-work before), and all is compiling fine on Windows with my custom
(MSVC-based) build system except for one new warning:

    lua-5.3.0-alpha\src\lbaselib.c(441) : warning C4244: 'return' :
conversion from 'lua_Ctx' to 'int', possible loss of data

This is because lua_Ctx is 64bits on Windows x64 (and all LP64/LLP64
platforms, as opposed to ILP64 which shouldn't complain). I didn't
verify whether it is defined as intptr_t or ptrdiff_t, but both should
be larger than an int if they exist. You might want to do an explicit
cast to avoid the warning.