Hi all,

Latest version of the increasingly versatile Lua documentation tool
ldoc has been released; this version is available from luarocks as
ldoc and also as a zip [1]

As before, documentation is at [2] - full change log is at [3]

Apart from fixes, there are new features and some changes. Module
sorting is now off by default, use `sort_modules=true` to restore the
old setting.  The sometimes-irritating default fallback to generate
references to the online Lua manual can be suppressed with
'no_lua_ref=true'.  'Classes' can be documented either with the
special section @type or the new @classmod module type; it's possible
to document fields of objects using @field, and they can be marked as
'readonly'

Some of the new changes have not been fully documented, but I'll keep
pushing up changes to [2].  That page is generated with the following
config.ld:

project='LDoc'
title='LDoc documentation'
description='A Lua documentation tool'
format='discount'
backtick_references=false
file='../ldoc.lua'
dir='../out'
readme='doc.md'
style='!pale'
kind_names={topic='Manual',script='Programs'}
examples = {
    '../tests/styles/colon.lua',
    '../tests/styles/four.lua',
    '../tests/styles/three.lua',
    '../tests/styles/multiple.lua',
    '../tests/example/mylib.c',
    '../tests/moonscript/List.moon',
}

Here I've used the new built-in 'pale' style ('!pale'), and overriden
the default names 'Topics' and 'Scripts'.

As always, I've relied heavily on my collaborators; Gary Vaughn, Jonas
Tiem and Dirk Feytons have been instrumental in pushing this release
and keeping my commits honest.

steve d.

[1] http://stevedonovan.github.io/files/ldoc-1.4.2.zip
[2] http://stevedonovan.github.io/ldoc/