On Nov 25, 2013, at 8:54 AM, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 5:07 PM, Pierre Chapuis <catwell@archlinux.us> wrote:
>> Yes :) https://lua-toolbox.com/
>>
>> I wouldn't call that "beta" though, let's say it's
>> a work in progress.
>
> Whatever we call it, it's a good start. Let the endorsements begin...
>
> BTW, lposix is deprecated and luaposix is the One.  We need a
> commenting system (note I did not say 'we just need a commenting
> system' because that kind of user irritates me tremendously)

Managing and maintaining these disparate databases of modules, versions, and dependencies is non-trivial, which is why it comes up here so often. Having architected one of the more complex ones I can attest that (a) it’s not fun, (b) it’s far more complex than at first appears, and (c) creating one that works AND is approachable by the average user is extremely difficult.

—Tim