On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 6:18 PM, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
>   Installer?  What are you, some type of Windows user? 8-P

Ah, I'm not thinking of a fancy GUI thing - just a simple
self-contained Lua script which will Do The Right Thing on anything
with a command-line (including Windows ;))
make+sh+dozens-of-little-commands are not very Windows friendly, and
overkill for the job anyway.

Minority operating systems would not be a priority (sorry ole Solaris!)

>   But how do you describe such a list?

Good point. Either in declarative style (like rockspecs) or in
imperative style - 'move this here' commands.

Apropos the days before configure: at least the makefile was only a
few pages and the autoconfigure script wasn't 200Kb for a 50Kb shared
library ;)