A previous version of our product shipped with Lua 5.1 and the bitwise operator patch from here (http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaPowerPatches). This added support for &, |, etc. The current version of our product now ships with Lua 5.2.1. The new bit32.* operations have all the functionality that our users need - the issue is that old scripts that used the patched operators will not run until they are manually converted to the new scheme. Not surprisingly we are getting complaints from our users that we broke their scripts after the upgrade.

The old patches don't apply at all to 5.2.1 so I'm wondering if anyone has patched Lua to add these operators. If not, would it be fairly straight for me to modify the source to add these myself?

John