2013/4/17 Thomas Jericke <tjericke@indel.ch>:
> What I suggest is a change of the language. This means the parser
> would not allow LHS globals.

A change of the language! Then please change its name too.

I accept that your programming style is such that bugs arising from
unintentional assignment to globals are the bane of your life.

But my programming style is such that I almost never have such bugs.

Why force me to the inconvenience of not having assigments to globals,
when your problem can easily be solved by either of two ideas already
suggested in this thread?

1. It is trivial to disallow assignments into any table, including _ENV.
2. Text editors are available that highlight assigments to globals in
   a hard-to-miss way.