On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 7:31 PM, Kevin Clancy <kclanc@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm still trying to decide if this project was a Berezina or not. Given the
> interest surrounding this topic, however, I thought it might be worth
> pointing out that such things have been attempted.

I do think that AST analysis is going to be better in the long run.
David Manura's LuaInspect is a good example, especially its
integration in SciTE and vim.  Koneki's Eclipse LDT is also using
static analysis, with type hints from documentation markup.

A plugin architecture is probably the only way to cope with the famous
flexibility of Lua coding styles, especially the many ways that OOP
can be implemented.

lglob is an example of pushing an idea to an extreme (bytecode
analysis), and seeing how far it gets.  I doubt that it will get to
Moscow ;)

steve d.