Hi,

> You know, if the Raspberry Pi had a normal SVGA connector, I could
>  connect a wireless mouse and keyboard, and have it control my TV and
> Stereo via a GUI. That lack of SVGA is a big deal.

As I said, it has it has an HDMI and composite RCA which is enough to connect to any ancient or recent TV.
You can also add a Bluetooth (or whatever provided with the device) bundle on USB to have mouse and keyboard connected.

> And it's not like I can ssh -X into it, because the box I use to ssh in would probably have
> a fan, reducing the quality of the sound.

A GUI interface would be better but ... some SSH client exists on smartphone as well.

Bye