On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 18:05, Roberto Ierusalimschy
<roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>> I believe that this is enough to justify banning this person from the list.
>
> It seems that he left the list by himself. We thought about removing
> him from the list, but we were not sure it would be a good move. (He
> always can return with a new name.)

While this may be harder to do with public e-mail lists, I think that
this post may have some interesting techniques for dealing with this:

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2011/06/suspension-ban-or-hellban.html

(Off-topic here, of course, but I could not resist.)

> Anyway, remember: the best way
> to handle trolls is by not feeding them; that means to *completely*
> ignore their messages in the list.

Given the number of subscribers someone will reply anyway :-)

Thank you,
Alexander.