<snip>

> I know
> saving CPU cycles is always a concern and Lua has the edge today but if
> savings CPU cycles did not save Forth, then in the long run it might not
> save Lua.

I'm not claiming that Lua needed salvation, but it is used in a *lot* of games exactly because it's lean and fast. I think you mentioned Lua being used in World of Warcraft... Do you think it would have been used there if it was fat and slow?

If you consider the videogame console world, being small and fast is even more critical. Otherwise, how would it fit in so little memory, and be able to execute game logic in the time of one frame?

Cheers,

Andre