On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 08:00:44PM +0200, Petite Abeille wrote:

> On Jul 5, 2011, at 10:19 AM, Sebastien Lai wrote:
>
> >> Impossible? What kind of dependencies do you mean exactly?
> >>
> > I'm thinking about parsing MIME Data from File uploads...
>
> Possibly tedious, but impossible?!? :P
>
> FWIW, Nanoki [1]  sports a MIME parser of sort [2] as part of its build-in HTTP server [3].
>
> WSAPI sports a multipart/form-data parser as well [4].
>
> [1] http://svr225.stepx.com:3388/nanoki
> [2] http://dev.alt.textdrive.com/browser/HTTP/MIME.lua#L189
> [3] http://dev.alt.textdrive.com/browser/HTTP/HTTP.lua#L190
> [4] https://github.com/keplerproject/wsapi/blob/master/src/wsapi/request.lua#L108

Is it necessary for a basic library to parse MIME at all?
I'd written a small cgi lib as well (http://code.macarony.de/cgi_lua/).
It just split's up the multipart. There is no external dependency
required for this task. Interpretation of the data is up to the cgi
script that is using the module.

Regards,
Matthias