On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 15:03, Isaac Gouy <igouy2@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Leo Razoumov <slonik.az <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> -snip-
>> Well, arbitrary decisions are what they are -- arbitrary decisions
>
> Are you talking about the previous inclusion of LuaJIT? :-)

Yes, actually! I think that inclusion of LuaJIT into shootout 5 years
ago and LuaJiT's steady progress in improving its run-time performance
keeping low memory footprint might had put some added pressure on
other JIT implementations and eventually lead to improvements across
the board. I will not be surprised if some technical solutions that
Mike Pall used in LuJIT will pop up in, let say, Javascript JIT. Of
course, the call is yours but throwing out an implementation which is
on the roll greatly diminishes the usefulness of the benchmarking
resource.

On the other hand, languages like ATS are included. According to ATS's
own web-site
http://www.ats-lang.org/CHANGELOG/changelog.html the implementation
was not updated since 2007. Perhaps it is easier to maintain
benchmarks for such dormant languages since nothing is changing. But
again, usefulness of the shootout project suffers.

Just my two cents,
--Leo--