Its called JSON :-) okay different construction site, but the
principles are the very same, and this more or less is the very
usecase where lua came from.
You'll hit the ceiling with this method if:
* all of your data doesnt fit in memory at once.
* you have more than one process wanting to read/write data at the same time.
* you want to effectively change only parts of your data.
in these cases classical DBs have their reason!