Chris Babcock <cbabcock <at> asciiking.com> writes:
> This is how I explained using coroutines in a filter application to
> the hobby community surrounding a Linux-based game server. You can use
> pipes to implement filters - and that's a good analogy for a Linux
> Users Group - but I challenge anyone to construct a Linux command line
> with standard Gnu tools to grep, sed and awk an email implementing
> features of  RFC 5822 into one that can be parsed by a tool built in
> 1988.

You may be interested in this project; it's standard UNIX tools
on steroids (every line is a structured JSON record, instead of
flat text).

https://github.com/benbernard/RecordStream

You could implement a parser from RFC 822, transform the data
however you like, and then dump it back to RFC 822 if that's what
you want.

Josh