On Monday 03 January 2011 10:13:16 Alexander Gladysh wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 18:07, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> > On Monday 03 January 2011 09:46:48 Axel Kittenberger wrote:
> >> Either do it in C or use luaposix or alien.
> >
> > I'll probably do it in C so I can give the user a precompiled binary. For
> > the time being, while I'm getting the Lua UMENU working, I'll just
> > temporary use ufork.pl :-)
>
> If you can do it in C, why not bundle luaposix with your binary?
>
> Alexander.

Because I'm not yet competent enough to understand interfacing Lua and C. That
and Metatables are the two pieces of Lua knowledge I've postponed.

Our Linux User Group (GoLUG, http://www.golug.org) is having a Lua expert
present this coming Wednesday, and I'm hoping he'll teach us the rudiments of
mixing Lua with C.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt