On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 11:31, Gunnar Zötl <gz@tset.de> wrote:
> I would consider this entire matter to be a case for something like metalua, not for the core syntax.

The problem with Metalua is that it is not compatible with LuaJIT2,
nor with any other implementation using its own bytecode.

Is Metalua able to emit Lua source files rather than bytecode? Is it
possible to use it without compiling it to bytecode as well? I've
skimmed the documentation, but I didn't find any pointer about it.

I'll try to write a string.gsub-based source filter and see if I can
get what I want.

-- Pierre-Yves