On topic, IMHO all we might be missing is a shortcut for anonymous functions

currently it can be coded with:
-
function ifq(condition, f_true, f_false, f_nil)
  if condition == nil then
    return f_nil or and f_nil()
  elseif condition then
    return f_true and f_true()
  else
    return f_false and f_false()
  end
end

local foo = ifq(table, function() return table.bar end, function()
return "isfalse" end, function return "isnil" end)
-
looks clumsy, but with a lexical shortcut
-
local foo = ifq(table, |table.bar|, |"isfalse"|, |"isnil"|)
-
it looks ok.