On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 6:34 AM, Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> wrote:
> I guess for people that can't program without an IDE, it could be a
> problem but oh well...

Well, there's always Lua for Windows ;)

People were less enthusiastic about Lua for Linux when I floated the
idea, maybe it felt like 'indulging' - also the refrain was 'use the
package manager'.

On the subject of IDEs, the point is that they can be programmer
amplifiers. Java is very verbose, but tools like Eclipse make it
almost pleasant.  And although using 'print' may feel like the manly
way to debug programs (as Linus thinks) but a little bit of integrated
debugging goes a long way, even for experts.

steve d.