On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 01:43:02PM -0400, Patrick wrote:
> Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> >There's also GoboLinux for added fun:
> >	http://www.gobolinux.org/
> >
> >Hisham Muhammad of LuaRocks fame is one of the developers.
> >
> I actually just download this last night and installed it this
> morning! Every program in it's own directory, concurrent versions of
> the same revision of program, multiple versions of the same program

Well, it is a bit OT but I cannot resist.

You can install almost any version of every unix software equipped with
a decent Makefile in you home directory recompiling it with the PREFIX
variable set. This has nothing to do with the distro you are using.

On the distro side: being able to ship multiple versions of the same
library or program is something that almost every package management
system allows to do, maybe it is not straightforward but it is doable.
Doing that is not necessarily nice, since it allows the proliferation of
duplicate bugs, makes security support a nightmare.

Cheers
--
Enrico Tassi