> Wishing the best to the people in Rio.

Many thanks.

On Tuesday Rio got 280mm (~11") of rain in 24h, plus strong winds. The
rain continued strong through Wednesday, and we will probably get more
rain until Sunday.

Several parts of Rio suffered badly with landslides. The campus of
PUC-Rio was not flooded (because it is in a slope), but most basements
on the campus were. It also had a small landslide just behind our
building. (Thankfully it only broke some external equipment.)  As
Luiz reported, PUC was without eletricity during most parts of both
days. Today we got eletricity back, but classes have been suspended
until the weekend.

-- Roberto