I stumbled upon a peculiarity in LuaSocket library: i can not specify a
source address for a socket (the signature for the connect command is
master:connect(address, port)). Meanwhile, there seems to exist that
possibility when using the shortcut socket.connect(address, port [,
locaddr, locport]).

Is that so? I *think* i'm restricted to using the first form, as i'm
connecting from inside a dispatch.lua handler routine, which requieres
me to ask for a socket to be connect()'ed from the handler.

Saludos,

Jorge