Tim Maxwell wrote:
[snip snip]
Old DOS compilers used to have medium and large models, in which
sizeof(int) was different from sizeof(size_t), I guess, because
in large models one would be able to address "far" data.

Are we supporting cross-compilation to old DOS compilers? That's the only case where it would make a difference. If luac itself is running on the old DOS compiler it will produce the correct code. In any case, a "-ccs" flag could be added in about five lines of code.

Wouldn't the assumption sizeof(int)==sizeof(size_t) fail on LP64 and LLP64 models?

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)