On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Doug Currie <doug.currie@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could an in-memory SQLite database be used to efficiently provide shared
> Lua-semantics tables? I have not benchmarked (or coded!) this, so it is just

i'd try with memcached (http://www.danga.com/memcached/) instead, but
there's still the main drawback as multiple-spaces: as soon as you
take your data out of Lua Space, it's _very_ hard to maintain full Lua
semantics.

it might be easier (nicer?) to use LuaLanes or LuaTask, with a
'database' Lua thread (Lane|Task) that keeps a table and does get/set
on behalf of other threads, add some background flushing to disk
(SQL?), and you got a winner

--
Javier