steve donovan wrote:
This is something that may be useful; I've done a SciTE extension
which spawns various debuggers like gdb and remDebug and allows
breakpoints to be set, variables to be inspected, etc.

Great!!!

You do require the latest public SciTE snapshots, because previous
releases have not exposed the Lua symbols from the SciTE executable:

I wonder why SciTE links to Lua statically rather than to the Lua DLL.
How then one can debug a Lua script that require()s some DLL libraries that are linked against, say, lua51.dll, could it end up with a program crash?

--
Shmuel