2006/12/26, Jimmie Houchin <jhouchin@cableone.net>:
Language communities often have desired conventions which make things
easier for the community. I did a search of the mailing list archives
and could not find anything regarding desired naming conventions if such
exists.

Are there any such naming conventions or best practices that I as one
learning Lua would benefit from following.

I think everything lower case without underscores seems to be the norm
in small snippets. This is partly because Lua is a weakly typed
language, variables can hold any type be it numbers, strings objects
or functions. And Lua being such a high level language, code is
usually very short and is therefore clear enough without additionnal
formating.

My 2 cents :-)