> It's not an issue of filtering.  I agree that if I wanted to split out
> the messages to some other folder there's already enough header data
> to do that.  The problem comes when you want all new mail in one
> place:

Assuming Outlook and you've gone ahead and split messages to subfolders,
have your main interface be the Advanced Find page,  set Time: received to
"today",  and there you have messages all in one place again.  You can set
Autopreview on that view.  You don't have to hit "Find Now" again,  it's
automatic.

Most people disliking forums means jobs for mailman hacks ;-)

-R