On Tuesday 22 August 2006 15:48, Wim Couwenberg wrote:

> And one more thing: anyone with some suggestions for round table subjects?
>
> --
> Wim

I've been following the thread "Mulitiple functions" with interest because of
my similar problem.  I have lua functions defining C callbacks which need to
be reentrant.  My C application calls each lua callback in a separate lua
thread which needs access to globals as defined in the original script file.
It works well, with the unfortunate side effect is that all callback function
variables must be declared local to avoid cross-contamination between
threads.

I believe that a low-overhead native-to-lua way of "cloning" functions between
threads, giving each an environment of your choice would be an ideal solution
to this problem and a good topic for the round table.