Hi,

I'm having problems loading a shared library, and I'm sure it is just
something really simple!

I followed the instructions at:
http://lua-users.org/wiki/BuildingModules to create the shared
library. This is on mac OS 10.4. When I go to load it from lua via
require 'numvector' (it's a numeric vector), I get the following
error:

lua: error loading module 'numvector' from file
'/Users/Paul/development/numeric/numvector.so':
       /Users/Paul/development/numeric/numvector.so:1: unexpected
symbol near 'þ'
stack traceback:
       [C]: ?
       [C]: in function 'require'
       (command line):1: in main chunk
       [C]: ?

Strange! I thought this might be something peculiar about my mac
setup, so I tried moving to linux and rebuilding the library. But I
get a similar error:

error loading module 'numvector' from file './numvector.so':
       ./numvector.so:1: unexpected symbol near 'char(127)'
stack traceback:
       [C]: ?
       [C]: in function 'require'
       stdin:1: in main chunk