John,

While I don't have a Net-SNMP binding (way too complex for what I
needed), I have a simple ANSI-C-based BER parser that could be the
basis of the "get" part of the equation. It is rough, but if you're
interested, request it off-list.

-joe

--
If it ain't broke, break it.  How else are you going to figure out how it works?