lhf wrote:
On the other hand, we the Lua team obviously want to the Lua community as best
as we can. I'm all in favor of creating a forum, but we the team cannot do it.
The place to do it is at lua-users (see its charter). Of course, it doesn't
have to be physically at lua-users (what does "physically" mean anyway in the
internet?). We just need some DNS magic and a link for it the forum lua-users.

I would like to see lua-users employed to keep our small community together, rather than divide it. If all that is wanted is an alternative interface to lua-l, I consider that reasonable. If however, the forum will be an independent discussion, but one that overlaps with the topics covered on lua-l, I'm afraid that would only confuse the community, and divide it along an arbitrary line.

-John

--
http://giftfile.org/  ::  giftfile project