I'm pretty sure he just means storing values in a table like this:

t[1] = myVal

rather than

t.string = myVal

Tim

On Nov 3, 2003, at 6:25 PM, Brett Bibby wrote:

Thanks for your post, it was very helpful.

However, if you want truly fast access to values in a Lua table,
you are probably better off using consecutive integers starting at 1.

How do I do this?  Can you give me a simple example?

Thanks again for your help, sometimes lua's lack of comments and stunted
variable naming leave me a little confused :-)

Brett