Alex Sandro Queiroz e Silva wrote:

Every now and then someone asks this same question. :-) Lua is also valid C++ code, so one might want to compile it this way.

If more people ask, then probably because it's so uncommon. Make and other build tools certainly wouldn't use the c++ compiler unless you force them to, and why you wanted to do that, I don't know. So why allow that? And if you really want to allow it, make sure people are aware of what they are doing (making a lib that won't work with plain C), and have them explicitly #define a variable (which could then also disable the extern "C" part). Really. Haven't seen a library in years that didn't have a __cplusplus encapsulated extern "C", and I've seen my share.

Enno.