--- In lua-l@yahoogroups.com, Brian Swetland <swetland@f...> wrote:
> ["pion1013 <pion1013@n...>" <pion1013@n...>]
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to port Lua 4.0.1 to GP32, a handheld game machine
based
> > on an ARM chip.
> >
> > The entry point of any program written for GP32 with it's SDK is
> > Main, not main or WinMain. The problem is, if I want to use any
of
> > the lua-calling function (say, lua_open()), the compiler gives me
an
> > error, saying "Undefined symbol main (referred from kernel.o)."
> >
> > I'm suspecting Lua is reffering to main() function. Where should
> > look into, and what should I change? Please help.
>
> Lua doesn't make any use of the main() symbol.  Sounds like
something
> in kernel.o wants it though.  Is that part of the system library
for
> this GP32 thing?
>
> Brian

Without diving into Lua code, I tested some combinations.

First, GP32 program with lua, compiled for Windows - compile/runs
fine. Note that with GP32 SDK, I can make a GP32-emulated version for
windows. For this, I used Lua for Windows.

Second, GP32 program without Lua - compiles/runs on the machine fine

Third, main() function without GP32 support, but with Lua - compiles
fine. But I can't run it, 'cause I cannot run it on the machine
without GP32 core

Fourth, GP32 program with Lua - can't compile. "Undefined symbol main
(referred from kernel.o)."

Those tests leads me to think there's something in Lua library that
wants main(). Here's some more tests:

GP32 program with Lua and main() - can't compile. The compiler
says "multiple entry points".

GP32 program with Lua, renamed Main() to main - can't compile. need
Main (referred from init.o). Note that init.o is the entry point for
GP32 SDK

Apparently, if Lua library doesn't refer to main(), kernel.o does.
But I can't find and of kernel thing on my computer. It may be the
standard C routines that Lua uses. Depending on the implementation of
ADS 1.2, I think it is possible .

Any comments or suggestions?

Regards,

Won-Seok "Pion" Chang