Hi,

I've tried the new lua 5 alpha, and the example life.lua dies with the error
"out of memory" (runs fine on 4.0). I could isolate the problem to the following
peace of code:

   s=""
   for i=1,100000 do
     s=s.."x"
   end

This brings the "out of memory" error on my system (256 Mo RAM, 256 Mo virtual
memory). The error seems to be in the virtual machine, as can be seen by
compiling the script on one version of lua and running on the other.

Sorry if this is a known bug... :)

Apart from that I like the new lua a lot; great work!

Julien Cugniere