----- Original Message -----
From: Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>
To: Multiple recipients of list <lua-l@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2000 7:39 AM
Subject: Re: Multiple Scripts, Pausing, Threads, and Persistant Variables

> >From lua-l@tecgraf.puc-rio.br  Mon Mar 20 22:43:09 2000
> >From: Dave Bollinger <DBollinger@compuserve.com>
> >
> >   Second, you CAN do this with "plain" Lua if you're willing to suffer
> >some performance penalty.  The setup is to store those scripts as text
and
> >then do the line-by-line code stepping yourself.
>
> There's also the line hook...
> --lhf

Hmm, I really don't want a performance degrade.... when a large player load
is on a server, it may need to run MANY scripts (like over 100) each game
loop.

What about my other idea, of having a script paused by a certain function
call, and having it resumed on the next loop?  Is this feature available, or
am I going to have to hack it myself?  ;-)  (sorry , I haven't had much
chance to look over the code yet, else I'm sure I'd be asking more
intelligent questions by now...)

Sean Middleditch