On Fri, 2023-07-28 at 14:28 -0300, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:

> My question was really about the internal alignment. Even if a file
> starts aligned, it would need internal padding to keep its structures
> and arrays aligned. The standard Lua binary format doesn't do that.
> Maybe eLua doesn't store the code using the standard Lua binary format?

ARM processors at least since v7, probably before that, support
misaligned memory access. May cost a few extra cycles, but works
transparently. That's why developers don't notice. And some don't
care at all and purposely create non-portable code (think packed
structs). WorksForThem(TM), seems to be popular.

virtually yours
Gerhard Sittig