And be prepared in two months time to do much head-scratching as you try to figure out why you wrote it like that in the first place…

I always figure that if you are coming up with clever workarounds and suggestionings that the underlying language needs to be changed that you could better spend that time figuring out a simpler and more elegant solution to the problem. Or perhaps even re-figure out the problem.