On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 7:50 AM Andrea <andrea.l.vitali@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I can see your point. Yet non-competing distributions could help, especially for beginners which seem to be the target of Lua. ZeroBraneStudio helps very much in this respect.
>
>    Andrea

It would help, but it seems intractable. Without hiring several of the
people involved, you probably won't be able to convince Mike to make a
new tagged release of Luajit, convince the two major forks of Luajit
to stop existing, or convince everyone to stop using all versions of
Luajit or all versions of Lua after 5.2.