Very sad news... I use his tools every time I use Lua and he has made multiple contributions to my projects.
This is a big loss to the community. Thanks for informing us.

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 at 11:07, Lorenzo Donati <lorenzodonatibz@tiscali.it> wrote:
On 14/11/2018 19:47, Hisham wrote:
> Lua community,
>
> I share with you with great sadness that it has come to my knowledge
> that Peter Melnichenko has passed away.

Very sad. My condolences to you and to his family, if you happen to have
any contact with them.

[...]

> I had just recently learned how young he was: he had just concluded
> his bachelor's degree this year, [...]

This makes the news all more saddening.